Looking for strong technology leader to build a platform from ground up using native AWS technologies.
Do you want to join a team with experience launching complex and challenging projects? Are you an experienced and accomplished Software Development Manager excited by the challenge of defining the vision and leading teams in expanding Amazon's India business? The Amazon India team launched the business from the ground up and is making our products work for our customers in this new region. We think big and develop platform solutions that can be extended to other marketplaces and new businesses.
Specifically, The Amazon India Retail team located in Seattle is looking for a technology leader to build KYC platform. Know Your Customer (KYC) refers to a regulatory obligation to identify certain customers, verify their identity and perform related due diligence measures depending on customer’s risk level. Lot of upcoming Amazon IN business initiatives have a requirement to collect customer's identity and proof of address (Aadhaar card, Passport, Driver's license, PAN card etc.) for transaction exceeding certain threshold or registering for certain programs e.g. 100k SVA (Stored Value Account) registration, Lending, Prime Students. Our team is building a common KYC platform which would provide API interfaces that different programs across Amazon can easily integrate with in their workflow to verify customer’s identity. Storing this critical data in native AWS regions is an unsolved problem at Amazon that this team is attempting to solve.
As a part of this role, you will:
· Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
· Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
· Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
· Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
· Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
· Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.