Description de l'offre
The FinTech team owns software platforms responsible for handling billions of dollars worth of transactions that must be processed accurately and timely. We are looking for a result-oriented Software Development Manager to delight Amazon's customers by enabling scale and new capabilities on behalf of Finance Operations team. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the challenge of complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for mentoring and coaching a team of software developers to create world-class finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
You will drive architectural and design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
• Build and nurture a team of software developers
• Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our customer's business processes and success criteria
• Develop and execute a long-term architecture while balancing short term commitments
• Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems
• Effectively partner with engineering and non-engineering groups across the organization to deliver on own goals
• BS or MS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of industry experience in software engineering
• 2+ years of directly managing a team of software engineers
• Experience with object oriented design and languages
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems