Description de l'offre
Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind the scenes team that enables our Human Resource and Operations Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is Fulfillment Center team that delivers your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team that lets you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing analytics and research capabilities along the employee lifecycle for our global operations businesses.
We are now recruiting for an exceptional Software Development Manager, Global Ops HR.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A Well-Rounded Athlete –Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
· A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master's classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
· A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
· A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
· A Fearless Explorer – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
Our team consists of a talented group of research and data scientists, business intelligence engineers, software developers, product managers and field integration managers. We research and develop products and services that support a productive and positive work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
As the manager of the team, you will lead a group of talented engineers to build new software products and features. Your work will allow you to utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages, and systems that require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape.
You will be the role model for the team to use best software practices and cutting-edge technologies to build innovative systems, services, apps and website features. You have a great deal of knowledge in handling high volume, real-time data. You are someone who thrives in fast-paced environment where problems are not always crisply defined and the challenges offer unlimited potential for innovation. You are a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. You know about and continually want to learn about modern frameworks like Angular or React and strive to build highly responsive, intuitive and sleek experiences for customers. You can provide technical leadership to the team and you understand the nuances, pitfalls and strengths of the various software development frameworks and associated best practices. You believe in agile development, quick prototypes and strive to see your work in action. You believe that web development is the perfect concoction of creativity, art and computer science.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 8+ years of software development experience as a developer or manager
· 2+ years of experience as a development manager (with direct authority over development staff)
· Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills
· Experience with AWS services, Relational Databases, SQL
· Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
· Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable highly available systems
· Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
· Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment