Description de l'offre
Amazon's Marketplace is looking for a smart, talented leader with a strong technical and management background to build the next monetization monitoring and automation platforms, with self-service, and configuration driven capabilities, to serve the fast growing needs of our businesses. You will play a critical role in helping us build seller trust, and protect Amazon.
As a Manager here, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business events. You will interface with several teams including FBA, AGS, AGL, B2B, Brand Builder, Paid Services, Amazon Payments, Amazon India, and more. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
Mentor and grow super star SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
This is a role suitable for someone who wants to influence across organizations, work on high profile, high impact initiatives that impact Amazon's bottom line.
· 5+ years hands-on software development experience with proven track record of delivering results
· 3+ years software team management experience
· BS in Computer Science, a strong background in data structures, algorithms
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Proficiency with the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages and familiarity with emerging open-source technologies
· Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills: technical, project, and personnel
· Exceptional skill in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts