Description de l'offre
Software Development Intern
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Software-defined and Cloud Group (SDCG) has the mission of defining and developing the next generation of software-enabled Hybrid IT solutions to provide the simplest experience for our customers to consume and operate their business workloads and applications. Our team provides support to our portfolio which includes:
- Integrated software-defined systems
- Automation and orchestration management software to seamlessly align applications with the underlying infrastructure
- HPE cloud capabilities that enable developers and data center operators to effortlessly build cloud applications in their Hybrid IT environments
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a highly motivated Software Development Intern to work in the Houston, TX office. You'll be part of a team that designs, implements, tests, and validates software for networks, systems and applications.
As a Software Development Intern, you will work with a team of talented Software Development Engineers on HPE OneView. HPE OneView is an infrastructure automation engine built with software intelligence. It streamlines provisioning and lifecycle management across compute, storage and fabric and enables IT staff can control resources programmatically through a unified API. With HPE OneView, infrastructure can be configured, monitored, updated and repurposed with a single line of code, allowing IT teams to more effectively meet changing application needs. We are looking for a passionate team player that wants to learn and grow with our team as we develop solutions for our customers.
Education and Experience Required:
· Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s (undergraduate) or Master’s (graduate) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Knowledge of software design, development and verification.
· Experience with Java software development or equivalent object-oriented programming experience essential.
· Knowledge of object-oriented and web methodologies.
· Disciplined, structured programming skills and strong problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development methodology (Agile-SCRUM).
· Experience developing on or using the Linux operating system.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to work on and with remote teams.
What do we offer?
· Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
· If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
· You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.