Description de l'offre
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to Own and derive automation plans, test specifications, test cases creation as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
This is a SDET role which is highly visible and impactful. The person will work with our architects to not only design and build the system but provide the governance and guidance to ensure we build it correct and we build it great. We believe in Engineering Excellence and therefore do not build technical debts. The person will play the role of a leader and articulate the right leadership principles at right time - https://www.amazon.jobs/principles
· Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
· Evaluate product functionality and create automation strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
· Integrate with deployment infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
· Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
· Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
· Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
· Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool-sets
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
· Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 3-8+ years of software development and testing experience
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
· Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies