The Team: We can't wait to show customers what's possible when Amazon and Whole Foods Market innovate together. This is just the beginning and we need exceptional people across all technology disciplines to build and unearth the full potential of this opportunity.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment. As a Software Development Engineer, you will help tackle a diverse landscape of technical challenges. We are an early-stage initiative, and you will need to play an active role in translating business requirements into concrete systems and prototyping concepts in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
You will design, develop and deploy reliable distributed solutions that operate at Amazon scale. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Linux, and AWS services. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will have the opportunity to redefine an industry while working with different teams across Amazon and Whole Foods Market. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many people.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities
· You are passionate about defining and creating brand new products and services that will radically improve customer experiences in key strategic areas
· You love to explore unknown territory and invent simple, beautiful solutions to complex business and usability problems, sometimes with no clear precedent in today's world
· You are highly collaborative, with a proven record of working closely with your team to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions
· You have great interpersonal communication skills. You're good at finding new and better ways of communicating and sharing your work, and are always fine-tuning your work for impact and transparency
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer
· Computer Science fundaments in object-oriented design, data strcutures, algorithms design, problem solving
· Knowledge of atleast one modern programming language, such as Java or C++