Software Development Engineer- Test AWS-DynamoDB
Want to make database history? Come and join the Amazon DynamoDB team! Amazon DynamoDB is a NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. DynamoDB in production serves more than one million transactions every second. You can read about how DynamoDB is the fastest growing service in AWS history at http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2012/06/amazon-dynamodb-growth.html.
We are currently developing innovative new features, and we’re looking for top test engineers to ensure our very high quality bar is met and raised.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help architect, design and build test suites and frameworks to push Amazon DynamoDB to its limits and beyond.
This is a unique opportunity to help re-shape the way that developers build applications for the web. You will work with program management and the development team to scope out features and understand the customer requirements, then work side-by-side with the team to ensure the quality of our system.
You should have a demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing performance and scale test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments. You should also be comfortable presenting technical material to internal and external audiences in support of our customers.
Candidates should be able to develop test frameworks, define and implement functional tests, perform failure testing with fault injection, understand complex distributed system architecture, design and develop performance and stress tests.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs.
- Writing and executing test plans, designing and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream.
- Own the delivery of an entire software development test suites and frameworks.
- Management and execution of project plans and meeting delivery commitments.
- Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing our functionality at scale.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple priorities. Work with engineering teams to design and optimize a wide variety of development projects using a variety of development tools and practices.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
For more information about DynamoDB please visit http://aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/