The Amazon Search team builds the largest shopping search engine in the world. Whenever a customer searches or browses using an Amazon website or application, we connect them to the products and services they are looking for.
The Search Data Science brings scientific models to bear on the petabytes of data that flow through Amazon Search. We implement algorithmic solutions to complex shopping and marketplace problems, at scale. Our work has real impact on the world's largest online marketplace. We are located in downtown Palo Alto, a short walk from numerous shops and restaurants, and right across from the Caltrain station.
We are looking for experienced engineers to build and improve systems powering core pipelines and analytics platforms using Apache Hadoop, Spark and other Big Data technologies. Grow your career by being a key contributor to systems that process billions of records per day and influence the outcome of every product search on Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
· Design and implement major components of our data pipelines and analytics platform
· Work closely with Research Scientists to leverage machine learning models at scale
· Build with modern AWS services including EMR(Spark), Glue, Athena and Redshift.
· Focus on scalability, latency, fault-tolerance, and cost efficiency in every system built
· Leverage cutting-edge tools and technology to continuously improve our data analytics capabilities and data quality
· Participate in setting the vision and objectives of the team