Description de l'offre
The Amazon Search team builds the largest shopping search engine in the world. Whenever a customer searches or browses using an Amazon website or application, we connect them to the products and services they are looking for. The Search Data and Machine Learning Engineering team designs, builds, and operates distributed infrastructure and applications to process and analyze the petabytes of data that flow through Amazon Search. Our systems power research, train machine learnt models, deliver ranking data to our production systems, and provide business insight into Amazon's retail business. Our data powers live-site features, including search suggestions, query understanding, spelling, search result ranking, and personalization. We are located in downtown Palo Alto, a short walk from numerous shops and restaurants, and right across from the Caltrain station.
The Search Data - Core Engineering team is looking for experienced engineers to build and improve systems powering core pipelines and analytics platform using Apache Hadoop, Spark and other Big Data technologies. Grow your career by being a key contributor to systems that process billions of records per day and influence the outcome of every product search on Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
· Design and implement major components of our data pipelines and analytics platform
· Own full life-cycle projects - requirements definition through deployment and production operations
· Build with modern AWS services including EMR(Spark), Glue, Athena and Redshift.
· Focus on scalability, latency, fault-tolerance, and cost efficiency in every system built
· Leverage cutting-edge tools and technology to continuously improve our data analytics infrastructure, reporting capability and data quality
· Participate in setting the vision and objectives of the team
— tags: SearchData , #SearchDataJob , Bigdata , Hadoop , Spark , Datascience —
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
· At least 2 years of experience coding in Java, C++ or Scala.
· At least 2 years of experience with SQL and RDBMS.