Description de l'offre
We are looking to hire a skilled and motivated software development engineer into the product search team in Amazon Japan. In this role you will design, implement and delivery critical and novel features of the product search engine used by Amazon worldwide, helping millions of customers every day to find quickly what they are looking for, and to discover products they didn't even know Amazon carried.
Your improvements to the product search engine will include tailoring search for global marketplaces, using advanced techniques and tools to mine petabytes of data, and running experiments to detect important areas of improvement and measure success. You will be designing solutions, sometimes from the ground up, that scale to efficiently handle billions of queries and items each day. You will be working closely with international teams of bright and talented people all over the world, both in business and in technology. The software that you develop, supported by industry-scale development tools, integrates smoothly and efficiently into one of the largest code bases in the world and runs in data centers worldwide. By joining us, you will help to build up global development expertise in a team of engineers based in Tokyo working on solutions used locally, and worldwide.
In addition to having excellent software engineering skills, you must be an innovative thinker and a strong communicator. Working in this position will involve collaborating with English-speaking engineers in the US, Europe, China, India and other places.
Amazon Search is building the search engine used for product search on the Amazon shopping site, worldwide. The team in Japan is involved in a range of areas with impact on the search engine globally, including the heuristics and machine learning systems used to generate and rank search results, natural language processing for many languages, and UX features of the search frontend.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers interested in delivering the next level of innovation to product search for Amazon. The position is based in the Amazon Japan Meguro (Tokyo) office.
· The opportunity to work for a major online retail company
· An engaging work environment with great career opportunities
· A competitive salary including stock units and other benefits
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application including your CV and cover letter in English. Don't forget to state your earliest start date.
· Very good English skills (including the ability to read and write technical papers in English, and to take part in technical discussions)
· Some fluency in spoken Japanese or willingness to learn the language
· University degree in computer science or related field
· 3 years industry experience or significant open-source programming experience related to Web/UX development, including mobile experiences
· A firm understanding of basic programming principles, data structures, Linux, web technologies and relational databases
· A genuine passion for improving the Amazon search experience as part of an exciting and dynamic team