Description de l'offre
The Amazon Sampling program sends free samples of new products to selected customers. The program has a challenging mix of problems involving selection, fulfillment, customer and vendor experience, and cross-campaign learning.
As a software engineer in Amazon's Sampling program, you will have to wear many hats. The team has a start-up mentality, and as such demands entrepreneurial and collaborative behavior from all its members. The technology team builds the core systems to automate and track sampling campaigns—and ultimately enable self-service—and collaborates with Data Scientists to build automated Machine Learning models that inform and measure campaign success. Our work requires a careful balance of short- and long-term goals. As we work closely with Product Managers, you will grow your business skills as well.
Primary Responsibilities include:
1. Design, own and deliver large/complex software systems with effective scaling while keeping operations to a minimum
2. Collaborate with stakeholders to manage expectations in terms of project delivery and personnel growth, ensure a robust long-term vision, and architect best-in-class solutions
3. Work with your team to optimize day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment while ensuring high quality output
4. Assist in recruiting, mentoring and growing a highly skilled team of Product Managers and Software Engineers.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
2. Background in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
3. Minimum 3+ years of software development experience building and maintaining scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
4. Fluent in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++, or Python
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills (beyond technical domain)
6. Self-starter and willing to learn new technologies
7. Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.