Description de l'offre
Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and wondered how the package arrived at your door so fast? Each year, billions of orders are processed through Amazon's order fulfillment network, and our state of the art material handling systems make this possible. The Robotics Team innovates, designs, and builds automation technology to streamline and reduce cost of operations in our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) while meeting our customers' demands: shipping the products they ordered accurately and on time.
Our team is developing the next generation of automated manufacturing and handling systems and the control software to interface between the machinery, the Associates in the FCs, and our Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). Our solutions need to be electromechanically robust, have bullet-proof control software, and provide availability, security, and easy operation in our worldwide network of hundreds of FCs.
Our environment is global and complex with a variety of software and systems, including industrial machines and protocols. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying machine learning, image processing, computer vision, augmented reality, sensor fusion and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, experienced engineer to join the IIoT and Automation Technologies team exploring and evaluating new robotic and Internet of Things technologies performing a range of tasks to expand to expand capacity and throughput of Amazon Fulfillment Centers. You will be writing software and tools that expedite testing, control and integration of a host of new sensors and automation equipment from a range of vendors.
As the Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical direction for a large software system. You will be working with a cross-functional team (software, controls, hardware engineers) to prototype, design, and develop software solutions that span from on device embedded solutions to large scale service oriented systems. You will also be responsible for coordinating the design and changes to a large range of systems owned by other software development teams within Amazon.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of software development experience
· Experience working in development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
· IoT sensor integration, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Perception System, Computer Vision, Sensor Fusion technologies or related technical experience would be a big plus.
· Experience working in development team(s) that have delivered production systems and services
· Development experience in Java, C++ or C
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
· Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
· Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)