Mobile Shopping (mShop) is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and millions of users. Our team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite Android and iOS devices. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and customer experience. As a Software Development Engineer on the mShop team, you’ll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, engage with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You are a technical leader for your team and a great mentor. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and building an end-to-end experiences delight our customers. You motivate your team to pursue ambiguous situations to rapidly produce prototypes for a more personalized App experience. You outline paths from prototype to product. You deeply invest in each colleague's career growth, improving their technical knowledge, and defining your team's operational metrics.
· Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
· Evaluate all relevant mobile development technologies including React Native, Swift, and others.
· Architect new end-to-end features that bring shopping innovations to mobile.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
· Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence.