The Amazon India Consumables team is looking for talented engineers for building new technology & businesses that will drive the next wave of growth for Amazon.in & Emerging Markets. We started recently on a new confidential project with multi billion dollars opportunity. We are going to build the entire ecosystem of services needed for this project from the scratch using latest technologies.
Our team has strong tenured SDEs from whom you can learn at a much faster pace. We believe in delivering early versions of exciting software quickly and iteratively, to get customer feedback, and use the feedback to make data driven and agile decisions. We rely on our software engineers leveraging their own expertise and perspectives to drive quality into our product.
· Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
· Architect new end-to-end features that bring shopping innovations.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes.
· Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 1-2 years' full-time experience in software design and development.
· Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python).
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
· A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done