Description de l'offre
Imagine saying "Alexa, it's bed-time" and the TV gets turned off, the front door locks, the garage door closes, the curtains get drawn, all the lights in the house dim 50%, and the security cameras start recording. “Smart Home” technologies have been around for decades, but customer adoption of Smart Home automation and connectivity has accelerated with to the introduction of Amazon Alexa devices such as the Echo. Now you no longer need to imagine -- the capability exists today.
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer for Amazon's Alexa Smart Home business. Our team is focused on delivering a world-class customer experience in one of Amazon's fastest-growing categories, with significant room to shape the direction of how customers think about, find, and interact with smart home devices through Alexa.
In this role:
· You will develop dynamic site features on Amazon desktop and mobile platforms to improve worldwide customer adoption of Smart Home technology with Alexa
· You will execute Amazon's Smart Home customer strategy, and implement programs to increase customer awareness, adoption, and engagement with Smart Home technologies.
· You will lead the design, implementation and delivery of critical, internationalized website and mobile-site features.
· You will deliver outstanding functionality to various consumer devices ranging from desktops to laptops to mobile platforms
· You will guide and mentor other team members to establish the model of excellent web development methodology and best engineering practices.
This position will directly support the development of how customers learn about and shop for devices that work with Alexa. A successful candidate will have a firm grasp of building performant and scalable web applications, and will have a passion for operational excellence and customer impact, along with an unhealthy dose of customer obsession.
All of the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
· Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues, web architecture, and web standards
· Comfortable using distributed source control systems such as Git