Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100+ fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing start-ups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies and organizations. AWS Customers are continuing to leverage AWS Services for applications ranging from exploratory to targeted innovative solutions to business-critical systems.
A key deciding factor for our customers in choosing AWS is the quality and reliability of the support they receive. AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of the full breadth of AWS services across a range of technical domains including: compute, storage, networking, security, database, big data, analytics, and mobile services.
Kumo is the software engineering organization that scales AWS's support capabilities. Kumo engineers work on a range of interesting challenges, like (a) providing timely and personalized information about availability of AWS resources, (b) self-service ways to solve problems in using AWS resources, and (c) efficient case management for fast and complete resolution of cases.
Kumo South organization is based in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa.
Kumo teams are growing and hiring software development engineers at all levels. Depending on the level, you will demonstrate knowledge in the following disciplines at varying levels:
· You recognize and adopt best practices in software development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· You have a working knowledge of the latest UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA, Responsive design
· You can define APIs and integrate them into usable interfaces
· You understand the trade-offs between usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation and optimisation, and cutting-edge user interface implementation
· You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis
· You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
· You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
· You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring
· The technical skills required for this role include strong object-oriented design and programming in Java.
· A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals is essential (know those data structures and algorithms)
· Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software is highly desired.
· You enjoy building things and are curious to find how things work
· You love solving the big and hard problems as well as make sure your service stays running