Description de l'offre
Eager to work on hard problems that are critical to Amazon and its customers? Want to work with a high-energy, high-morale team in an environment where you are encouraged to learn and try new things?
Join Amazon's Item Matching team and help develop the software that matches millions of new product descriptions per day to existing items in Amazon's vast catalog. This core bit of functionality is instrumental in providing Amazon's customers with a quality experience. We greatly simplify the product discovery process, we drive price competition on our platform, and we ensure that customers who order shoes won't be sent toasters.
Taking your ideas from inception to deployment, you will apply your software engineering expertise to shape, refine, and redefine a large distributed system. You will come up with new data-driven ways to improve the system and to make it more accessible to business owners who need to master and tame its complex logic to spur growth for our customers.
· Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
· Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
· Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
· Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
· Mentor junior development engineers.
* Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineer, Mathematics, or a related field plus at least one year of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation.
· Employer will accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the Master's degree and one year of experience.
· One year of experience in the job offered or related occupation must involve designing and developing large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java/Object Oriented Design.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Excellent communication and analytical skills