Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking talented and motivated interns to design, develop and test software that controls and optimizes mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Amazon Robotics software is developed using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment. Amazon Robotics software facilitates user workflows, robotic control and machine to user interfaces, advanced algorithms and mobile technology. Ideal candidates will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to software development/engineering. This position will report to the Amazon Robotics functional manager most closely aligned with the candidate’s skillset and project work. Each intern will have an assigned technical mentor throughout the internship, as well as 1-1 guidance from their manager, and will work closely with other engineers.
The Intern will be responsible for:
· Identifying and developing software solutions to current business problems
· Creating milestones and deliverables and tracking status with team
· Participating in daily scrums and reviews with development teams
· Developing design documentation and leading reviews with other interns and engineers
· Writing code and unit tests and integrating code with other software and hardware components
· Utilizing Amazon Robotics and Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies
· Prototyping and testing concepts or features, both through simulation tools and emulators and with live robotic equipment
· Delivering a final presentation to managers and engineers on the successes and challenges of their internship and the business value they have contributed