Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Search go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Operations team operates one of the Internet's largest search infrastructures, made up of thousands of servers, supporting millions of customers performing hundreds of millions of queries - all delivered in milliseconds. Members of this team are continuously working to maximize performance, availability and efficiency to help solve complex scaling and growth challenges.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will work with the Search Platform development teams to ensure our software meets or exceeds quality, performance, and reliability standards. You will be tasked with writing software that improves the quality of our Search service. The team's vision is to drive the quality upstream and test to ensure high quality code in the final product at launch. We are seeking a candidate that has strong programming skills, a solid understanding of data structures, with experience testing web based services (back-end).
· Building test plans, create test tools, use cases, and testing of Amazon's search service.
· Participate in product requirement and design reviews. Contribute to the improvement of our test infrastructure and frameworks by building tools.
· Help develop and execute test plans, test cases, test automation, and test engineering technologies.
· Develop and implement automated tests for functionality, load and performance testing.
· Partner closely with development teams to ensure new projects adhere to quality guidelines and best practices.
· Drive and track organizational level quality metrics.
· Passion to constantly push for improved quality and act as an advocate for the end use.