Description de l'offre
Software Development Engineer II, Digital Content Platform
Are you interested in building the next generation of a platform currently responsible for processing hundreds of millions of transactions a month? Maybe you’re already familiar with technologies like S3, SQS, Hadoop, Spark and Hive but never got the chance to push their boundaries? We also have a few more proprietary technologies for low latency data storage and aggregation in our toolbox you might want to play with. You bring the skills and enthusiasm; we’ll provide the big data. We are looking for Software Engineers that enjoy solving complex problems at incredible scale to join the Chennai Accounting and Royalty (CHART) team.
As a Software Engineer on the CHART team you will be responsible for designing and implementing core components of our new platform to support the fast pace of Amazon’s digital media content offerings. You’ll help increase the speed to market for digital products like Amazon Kindle, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Appstore and Amazon MP3.
Amazon has an active development community that builds great tools and systems. There are frequent classes and seminars, as well as on-line resources for growth and development.
· 4+ years’ experience building successful production software systems.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++, C#, Java, Perl and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Guice, Hibernate).
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.