Are you a software developer who wants to make an impact and connect billions of smart things to AWS eco-system? Do you want to design and build back-end services that route, transform and enrich data from and to devices on a global scale? Come join the AWS Internet of Things (IoT) team, and be part of a revolution!
The Rules Engine of Amazon’s Internet of Things platform (AWS IoT) enables customers to filter, enrich, process and route data from devices to the full eco-system of AWS services in a fully managed environment. Companies from all over the world can build their smart features and apps without having to worry about building scalable infrastructure that scales with their message traffic from billions of users and devices – because we do it for them. From simple sensors and actuators that barely have enough memory to run an OS and implement connectivity - to full-blown industrial gateways – they all can benefit from AWS IoT’s Rules Engine to receive, store and process data to implement an ever growing set of features without having to touch the device’s software itself by using the power of the AWS cloud.
We’re seeking software developers with industry experience who are passionate about enhancing customer satisfaction, operational performance, and growing Amazon’s IoT business. If highly concurrent systems, distributed functionality, programming language processing and difficult synchronization problems make you want to take control, we have the right challenge for you. The Rules Engine of AWS IoT is a high performance, distributed system that connects customer data with the AWS eco-system by enabling customers to create rules to filter, pre-process, transform, enrich their message data before calling to other AWS and external services to extract value. We are building and operating a highly efficient instructions interpreter to process device data at high rates. All of our development is very customer-centric, and you should feel strongly not only about building and releasing good software, but about making that software highly reliable under extreme load. Experience with web-services, especially at massive scale, will be helpful.
You should be someone who enjoys working and having fun with some of the smartest software engineers in the industry - building complex system software to deliver significant impact for the rapidly growing AWS IoT business.
· Design, build and optimize the software to run a highly scalable communication protocol engine and front-end to connect billions of devices to the AWS eco-system
· Define intuitive web-service APIs and use AWS’s cutting edge technologies to develop and deploy new features quickly
· Empower developers from around the world to use our SDKs to connect their devices to AWS IoT to enable intelligent systems
· Automate deployment and monitoring of your service to track down performance issues before our customers get affected
· Recruit, interview and hire software developers
· Mentor junior software developers and grow their skills
· Drive development process improvements and establish best practices to ensure highest quality software