Are you a software developer who wants to take your technical knowledge to the next level? Are you bored with Java? Do you dabble in new programming languages? Do you want to learn how to make new programming languages? Come join the AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Rules Engine team, and be a part of an IoT Revolution!
The Rules Engine of Amazon’s Internet of Things platform (AWS IoT) enables customers to filter, enrich, process and route data from devices to the full eco-system of AWS services in a fully managed environment. The Rules Engine is an interpreter hosted in the cloud for a SQL-like transformation language. It heavily uses the Scala programming language. We have a high code-quality bar, we strive to pay down our technical debt quickly, and we take pride in our operational excellence.
We’re seeking software developers with industry experience who are passionate about learning programming languages, enhancing customer satisfaction, and improving operational performance. If functional programming, compiler theory, and difficult traffic patterns make you want to take control, then we have the right challenge for you. You should feel strongly not only about writing quality code, but about making that code highly reliable under extreme load. Experience with web-services, especially at massive scale, will be helpful.
You should be someone who enjoys working and having fun with some of the smartest software engineers in the industry - building complex system software to deliver significant impact for the rapidly growing AWS IoT business.
· Design, build, and optimize an SQL-like programming language interpreter in the cloud
· Design, build and integrate Rules Engine with other AWS or external services to enrich and route data.
· Define intuitive web-service APIs and use AWS’s cutting edge technologies to develop and deploy new features quickly
· Empower developers from around the world to use our SDKs to connect their devices to AWS IoT to enable intelligent systems
· Automate deployment and monitoring of your service to track down performance issues before our customers get affected
· Recruit, interview and hire software developers
· Mentor junior software developers and grow their skills
· Drive development process improvements and establish best practices to ensure highest quality software