As an engineer on the Enterprise Business team, you'll be expected to lead by example, write great code and solve difficult problems. We are entrepreneurial in nature; our team frequently challenges the status quo with the intention to make things better. Soft-skills are just as important as technical prowess; communication, influence and passion are key to the success of the team and ultimately the company. You'll experience all the challenges, ambiguity and opportunities of a new team with a new mission but for the right candidate that's part of the fun.
We are looking for an engineer to build products for Audible’s Enterprise Business portfolio. Enterprise Business is responsible for growing our offering to organizations whether they be large multinational corporations or small startups. We quickly define and implement products to test their business thesis and build lasting products. We are in the early stages of developing this product and are looking for someone who will join our diverse team of developers to build and launch products under this new initiative. This is an opportunity to have end-to-end ownership of a software product and apply your ideas from inception to product launch.
We're part of Amazon, our parent company, and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
· Plan and execute technical epics, from initial design through implementation, testing, and customer delivery.
· Influence the technical direction and strategy within the team.
· Partner with other engineers to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
· Evangelize our content and application, work closely with business development, and participate in events like external hackathons and internal brown bag sessions.
· Draw influence from trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon. Share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity.