We are innovating on how customers globally interact with Amazon products and services, and are looking for a software engineer to help us revolutionize the localization of content for the organization. Like challenging, fast pace environments and have a passion for data, languages, and other cultures? Enjoy working with engineers in and organization that deals with some of the largest scale problems across Amazon? If so, the Machine Translation Engineering team wants to talk to you!
As a Software Engineer you will work with your manager to lay out and own the architectural vision and engineering leadership for a team of highly skilled software engineers in the machine translation space. Engineers at Amazon are thought leaders and force multipliers who help develop and enhance the talent around them. In this specific role, you will get to work with the latest AWS and MT technologies in the industry to build machine translation and localization solutions to benefit all of Amazon. In partnership with the rest of the Localization Platform group your team will assist in assuring operation excellence across all of Amazon’s localization services. This is a unique opportunity at Amazon with great exposure as all of Amazon will be your customer!
If you like to work hard, have fun, and make a difference, this is the team for you!
· Act as a builder and architect, design, and develop world class, scalable distributed systems.
· Recruit, hire, mentor and coach Software Development Engineers.
· Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
· Take on hard, ambiguous problems and articulate solutions that will be able to serve broader Amazon.
· Help develop long-term technical and business strategies in the machine translation space.