Description de l'offre
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and cooperate in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to take on problems spanning various domains, including Deep Learning, image recognition, computer vision, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will solve technical challenges and act as a mentor to other engineers. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you'll play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages (primarily Java and Python) and technologies (AWS).
In this role:
• You will encounter challenging, novel situations every day and work on them in touch with with multiple technical teams across Amazon in different locations.
• You'll need to be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been taken on at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
This is a brand new Amazon project in and this is your chance to get in as a founding member of a game-changing initiative. While you'll use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be solving challenging problems that likely have no off-the-shelf solutions within Amazon, and probably haven't been solved anywhere else in the world to the requirements we need. You should be comfortable building prototypes, challenging assumptions, and being a catalyst for creative solutions. You'll work with your team to build systems from the ground up to keep the operational load negligible.
· BSc in Computer Science or related technical field.
· At least 3 years of professional experience in software design and development. Exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered.
· Experience with object-oriented design, data structures, problem-solving through algorithms and complexity analysis
· Designing and developing applications in Java, Python or similar programming languages