Description de l'offre
Do opportunities to work on ambiguous and never-solved-before problems excite you?
Are you interested in scaling challenges that are constantly evolving?
Would you like to *really* contribute, both technically and as a leader in a team?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Networking team is looking for software engineers who have a passion for diving deep while also being able to see the big picture. We are re-engineering our virtual networking control plane as part of Amazon's initiative to get EC2 performance to be as close as possible to that of bare metal. This role would involve being part of the team that owns building, scaling, and maintaining high performance software to streamline the management of millions of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) configurations.
If you are a Software Engineer with a strong background coding in Linux, a passion for improving quality, solving challenging problems and curiosity about virtual networking, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
What makes this team a great place to work?
· Core VPC Team - Our services underpin the fabric of the EC2 cloud. You have the opportunity to make a large impact and drive the road map for the Amazon cloud.
· Opportunities for growth and leadership - You will have the opportunity to work around both principal engineers and mentor more junior engineers, as well as influence and shape the direction of the service.
· Direct Customer Contact – The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their needs.
· Scale New Heights - With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with fun, complex problems to think about scale and grow the service to meet ever increasing demands.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java