Description de l'offre
Amazon Development Centre South Africa is looking for passionate software developers to join us and help to solve a challenging set of problems in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) space.
This vacancy is for the EC2 Placement team which is tasked with implementing a novel mechanism to optimize the placement of customer instances on physical hosts throughout the instance life-cycles. This problem-space is particularly interesting, as it requires us to build systems which solve multi-axis optimization problems in computationally efficient and safe ways. Given EC2's scale, there are wide-ranging and sizeable up-sides to this project.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 presents and about web services in general.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 2+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
· Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications
· Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
· Working knowledge of relational databases and back-end programming
· Strong customer focus
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Python
· Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellent written communication and verbal agility