Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Services' Simple Storage Service (S3) provides a key-value interface to an infinitely scalable and durable storage system. We build and run the largest commercial storage system in the world. Amazon S3 stores trillions of objects and regularly serves millions of requests per second.
The S3 team is looking for passionate and seasoned software engineers to design and build the next generation of cloud storage. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Amazon S3 team in Cambridge, helping to shape our charter and operations. You will be developing services from design through to operation, tackling the most difficult computer science problems to enable our customers to use their data in ways not previously possible. Your software will run at AWS scale: used by large numbers of customers with wildly varying access patterns and who create enormous load.
Creating a reliable, scalable, and flexible web service requires a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. Join us and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities.
Posting date: 04/10/2018
Closing date for applications: 01/11/2018
Salary/Package: Competitive with benefits
Location: Cambridge, UK
· Several years' professional experience in system software development and delivery
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C, C++, or C#
· Experience building scalable distributed systems with service-oriented architectures at scale
· Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers (internal or external)
· Candidates must have a strong Computer Science background with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar or comparable experience