Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
As a Cloud Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications. The ideal candidate:
· Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing.
· Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
· Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
· Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
· Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
· Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
· Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge