Description de l'offre
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Are you a strong software engineer with a passion for Big Data? Have you been playing with tools such as Apache Spark and Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) to build scalable data processing applications? Do you want to make this your day job? Then this opportunity is for you. We're looking for strong software engineers capable of using massive parallel data processing technologies to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art data engineering systems. You will work closely with experts in Computer Vision and Machine Learning to build solutions that enable cutting-edge research and drive new innovative product development.
Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages and tools and work with an unwavering focus on simplicity and performance. You will provide technical leadership and also contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of software applications across multiple platforms. Successful candidates must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive process improvement, and be capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to working software solutions.
The ideal candidate:
· Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing.
· Has experience working with Big-data, distributed systems, and web applications and understands how they are deployed.
· Has experience with database design (SQL/NoSQL)
· Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
· Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on challenging problems.
· Is driven to learn and adapt, explore new technologies and push the boundaries of what's possible.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years experience building successful production software systems
· 3+ years of experience with OO design/development skills and a track record for driving projects from concept to prototype and finally implementation
· 3+ years of experience in a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate) and Amazon Web Services, e.g., S3, SQS, EC2, RDS, Redshift)