Description de l'offre
The Alexa Communications team’s mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use the Alexa service for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations. Customers today can call and receive voice and video calls and we have recently launched Drop In, a new way to communicate spontaneously with the people you care about most, both within and outside the home.
We are looking for someone who is excited about understanding how we can help customers connect with each other and specifically how we can make the experience more natural by improving the quality of voice and video calls. Imagine helping elderly customers communicate clearly with their children and grandchildren, or providing an experience where you could imagine being together with the people you are communicating with, even when you are in separate parts of the world
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
- Responsible for the design (approach and drafting), prototype development and technical evaluation of current state-of-art components and new technologies.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Will work with the team, collaborating with on-going and future initiatives.
· 3+ years of experience building production software systems
· BS or MS in CS or related field
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.