Description de l'offre
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – Accessibility, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products, working to make Amazon products accessible to people with disabilities. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with the hardware, ops, user-space and QA teams. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
As a Software Development Engineer – Accessibility, you will contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation and support of accessible core technologies in the product framework. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major routines and utilities
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Work closely with application teams and deliver best core engines at the framework. Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least two years' experience developing embedded applications
· 3+ years of experiences with mobile platform frameworks and programming with iOS, Swift
· Design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
· Engineering process experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principle