An opportunity to join experienced engineers in a newly formed Alexa team at Amazon.
We make Alexa more fun, personable, and, natural for our Customers.
We encourage bold experimentation that furthers innovation and use these learnings to bolster the foundation of best practice reference design patterns that foster a consistent, efficient, and familiar cross-product experience.
You will work amongst an experienced engineering team with opportunities to lead the charge as we play a major role in the evolution of Alexa.
Your time with us will be impactful - your vision, creativeness and engineering output adopted by teams across Amazon and beyond.
We advance the possibilities of voice-first experiences to help our Customers achieve more - would you like to join us?
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing products, a strong technical ability, project management skills, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and have a creative flair for achieving the impossible.
· Leadership of engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to complex problems and mentor team members on their appropriate application
· Key contributor to the overall systems and software development life-cycle
· Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple engineering, design and product teams
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones
Ideal candidate profile
· University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
· 3+ years industry experience as an engineer
· Experience owning engineering projects
· Experience building scalable infrastructure, REST interfaces, and distributed systems for high-throughput services