Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We are seeking a passionate, qualified, hard-working, and talented software engineer who has experience building high quality mission critical software and reusable software libraries to help shape the future of eBooks.
We own the design, architecture, and implementation of a platform to enable reading innovation across file formats and operating systems. Our software supports Kindle customers on all major mobile platforms. Our engineers enjoy working as a team and welcome the opportunity to lead whenever possible.
The Software Engineer will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of java and C++ software across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded and application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
· Responsible for the architecture of software solutions, the determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
· Creating new feature and performance improvements
· Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
· Understanding the internals of graphics subsystems.
· Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.