Push Notification Service team is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our team is responsible for creating the best interactive notification experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite Android and iOS devices. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and customer experience. As a Software Development Engineer on the Push team, you'll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, engage with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You are a technical leader for your team and a great mentor. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You're up to the challenge of mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and building an end-to-end platform that internal Amazon teams integrate with. You motivate your team to pursue ambiguous situations and rapidly produce prototypes for a more personalized App experience. You outline paths from prototype to product. You deeply invest in each colleague's career growth, improving their technical knowledge, and defining your team's operational metrics.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of commercial software development experience in Java and/or Objective C
· Mobile development experience is a good to have
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
· Passion for building great mobile app experiences