Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – You will be responsible for helping to deliver a fast, fluid and delightful experience for our customers. You will be expected to work at all levels of the stack from the application UI to the kernel, nothing is off limits. Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in more than one language and tools and work with an unwavering focus on performance, fluidity and the overall customer experience.
You will take part in designing solutions to hard problems in the Android and Amazon ecosystem; help qualify and shape Amazon's the device portfolio; and foster best practices for teams to us for a performance and fluid experience.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· 7+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems and best practices for the full software development life cycle, plus experience with Agile/Scrum.
· 7+ years experience programming with Java/Android and C/C++
· 7+ years experience with development in embedded Linux or similar OSes
· 2+ years experience in building Web Services
· Experience in security engineering, device platform security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
· Experience in TEE (Trusted Execution Environment) software development
· Good understanding of symmetric and asymmetric data encryption, X.509 and certificate signing