Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, the Amazon Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Relevance team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide.
Within Amazon Search, the Relevance team has a mission to help customers efficiently find anything they are looking for. This charter requires us to build innovative ranking solutions across very diverse categories, with an amazonian focus on our customers and on the long-term. We dive deep to figure out idiosyncrasies of how customers shop for groceries, or make purchase decisions for their businesses, then we turn these learnings into innovative machine learned ranking solutions to improve customer satisfaction and business metrics.
In this role you will focus on search quality and relevance for strategic and fast-growing segments including Amazon Fresh and Amazon Business. Based on the nature of the products offered for our customers in these segments, geographical availability of items, specific preferences of our business customers, and new initiatives and launches across the world, we are facing new search relevance challenges for these strategic segments that need to be addressed in a unique way. In this position, you will own projects from conception to production, and improve the search experience for our fast-growing customers in these strategic segments.
· Improve relevance for tail queries with little or no feedback data.
· Design, develop, and implement production level code that serves billions of search requests.
· Own the full development cycle: design, development, impact assessment, A/B testing (including interpretation of results) and production deployment.
· Develop new ranking features and techniques building upon the latest results from the academic research community.
· Collaborate with other engineers and related teams within A9.com and Amazon.com to find technical solutions to complex design problems.
Joining this team, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading e-commerce and Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.