How can we build talent pipelines to support Amazon's growth? What is important for talent to be successful at Amazon? How can we better predict talent movement (promotions, transfers, attrition) and quantitatively identify the root causes? When does internal movement make the biggest impact on Amazon talent? These are among the most important questions at Amazon today.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Worldwide Operations Talent Products Team you will have an opportunity to collaborate with a team of economists, applied research scientists, software development engineers, and data engineers in answering these questions and developing products for use by internal operations leaders to manage these insights at scale. This team will shape the strategic direction and inform talent decisions at the highest levels of Worldwide Operations, helping us to become the world's most scientific and technically proficient Human Resource organization.
If you are a candidate who is passionate about helping those around you reaching their fullest human potential, if you see technology as a way to disrupt and re-imagine talent management processes and leverage modern software engineering techniques, then you may be the ideal person for this position.
· Develop internal applications that are elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams, understanding the needs of our customers.
· Design and develop front-end interfaces, underlying APIs across a number of programming languages
· Ruthlessly prioritize development workload against available resources and level of impact.
· Develop and regularly report on success KPIs that measure return on investment of development efforts against improve productivity.
· Identify service and system enhancements through customer interaction and work directly with them to provide what they need (not just what they want).