Description de l'offre
AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda) is changing the way that companies big and small think about computing in the cloud. Lambda functions offer customers a "serverless" way to create applications, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about building large scale services, performance and efficiency. As part of this team you will be responsible for building services that will scale lambda to millions of transactions per second. You will also be responsible for performance optimizations in an environment where we are already are at milliseconds of latency. You should be willing to read research papers, but also move quickly to deliver results to our customers.
If this is you, come help us solve problems like:
- Design and implement fault-tolerant systems and services that run at large scales and high availability guarantees.
- Dive into complex architectures, research and identify new technology that can help optimize performance
- Design and implement systems that will help Lambda achieve 5x the current scale within a year
- Design and implement software that will help minimize outages and improve the availability of our service
Job location is Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available.
· Experience with internal Amazon tools and best practices
· Experience with building software stacks in public EC2 preferred
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 3-5+ years relevant work experience.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
· Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of at least one modern programming language, such as Java, Scala, C++, or C#.