Description de l'offre
Do you want to shape the future of virtualized networking (SDN) in the one of the world's biggest public clouds?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) VPC Packet Pipeline team owns the networking packet pipeline that runs right beneath all our customer's EC2 VPC instances, adding features like firewalling (security groups), routing, billing and monitoring as we touch every single packet on every single host across our massive worldwide fleet. Our vision is to combine the performance of bare metal networking while maintaining all the benefits of the cloud, including delivering features not possible on bare metal leading to true Software Defined Networking (SDN).
We are growing fast, and are looking for kernel/embedded C developers who can deliver ultra-high performance - our goal is to be processing multi-millions of packets per second on a CPU core. This requires both being able to implement highly optimized data structures, but also low level tuning to our hardware. If you have good experience in C or C++, and a passion for systems software engineering such as kernel or embedded development, then this is a unique opportunity to join us at day one of building the platform which is the basis for all new EC2 VPC features in the years to come.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Being an engineer on a small team, mentoring junior engineers, ensuring the right development practices are followed.
• Be very hands-on; work with the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities by participating in architecture decisions, designs, implementation, code reviews and deployment
• Lead the design, implementation and delivery of modules of the packet pipeline
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, be always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and the development team in bringing new technologies.
• Communicating with users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in C or C++