Description de l'offre
Interested in Amazon Alexa, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
The Applied Modeling and Data Science team (part of Alexa A.I.) is seeking a talented, self-directed Software Development Engineer to help us pioneering new machine learning tools and processes through an iterative research and development cycle. You will build scalable, self-serve applications for use across the Alexa Machine Learning organization. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy as you work with a small team of subject matter experts and engineers to define features, system architecture, best practices. You will work with the other engineers on the team to execute our technical vision and create a world class product.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and is able to design and implement inventive, simple solutions to complex problems. He or she will be passionate about new technologies and have a track record of delivering valuable software features and products in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key backend components and APIs
· Will work with business and technical stakeholders to determine end-to-end system design and overall technical strategy
· Will work with a Front End Engineer to connect backend components to engaging, user-tested UIs
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to regularly deliver high quality software that has a measurable customer value
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 3+ years of industry experience.
· 3 years of programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.