Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed to respond to your voice commands and queries. We're building solutions and applications behind Alexa products and services to directly bring joy to people's day to day lives. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team!
The Comms Mobile Team is building Communication features in the Alexa Companion App allowing people to call/message each other using Echo, Echo Dot, Alexa Show or the App itself. We are looking for talented mobile app developers to work on the Alexa companion app for iOS. You will have the opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hardworking iOS or Android software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
· Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
· Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS or Android apps.
· Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members
· Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
· Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS or Android programming techniques
· Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of application development experience on iOS or Android
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis)
· Experience with at least one modern programming language (Java, C/C++, C#, Swift)