As a part Alexa Shopping Personalization, we are changing the way people interact with technology. We are using natural user interfaces (ex: voice) and advanced search techniques including personalized signals to allow you to search and shop in the very moment that you realize you have a need, no matter where you are or what you are doing.
Our group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop Natural User Interface (NUI) shopping experiences and algorithms in Seattle. You'll have the freedom and encouragement to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. As a larger org, we are specifically building a conversational search platform for voice shopping from the ground up. In this team, you will be presented with a unique combination of challenges involved with building a conversational search engine with smart recommendation algorithms, such as: large scale indexes, search relevance & ranking problems, and machine learning.
You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way technology is used daily in your own home. You'll also have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to changing the future of everyday life!
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's (or above) Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or Java