Description de l'offre
Consider every time a purchase is made on Amazon.com. Merchants, suppliers, vendors, and advertisers have to get paid, and inventory must move in and out of warehouses. The Financial Ledger and Accounting Systems Hub (FLASH) organization provides the platform services and product suite to ensure that financial transactions every step of the way are delivered, retained, and reported on. FLASH enterprise-level distributed systems process hundreds of millions of transactions every day, and Amazon's continual growth provides many amazing and unique engineering challenges. Across all the various lines of business within Amazon, global Accounting and Finance stakeholders rely on FLASH platforms and products in order to guarantee financial integrity for Amazon shareholders.
FLASH seeks talented Software Development Engineers to create high-quality solutions to Day-One challenges on an innovative platform that values security, scalability, completeness, and correctness. Your work will directly impact the way financial data is processed, retained, and managed at scale for Amazon and all of its lines of business, such as Retail, Marketplace, Digital, and AWS.
Join our team of high-performing engineers to build, scale, expand, and optimize our financial services platform and product suite. You will work closely with best-in-class engineers, principal engineers, and product managers to build sophisticated, long-lasting, high-quality distributed systems.
If you are passionate about architecting and implementing elegant solutions to complex problems in a fast-growth environment with cutting-edge distributed systems, all while minimizing technical debt, we would love to talk with you.
· Several years of experience in a software development role.
· Able to solve difficult software and distributed system problems with ambiguity.
· Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem as well as to mitigate architectural risks early in the technical process.
· Can decompose a problem into clear software and technical design actions.
· Demonstrable experience in Java or other OO-based languages.
· Knowledge of distributed systems, real-time transactional processing systems, or analytical processing systems.
· Understands the implications of evaluating and introducing dependencies.
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common distributed system design patterns.
· Obsession with software quality and customer experience.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal English skills.
· Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly.