Description de l'offre
We are looking for a smart, talented engineer with a strong technical background to join the Offer Comparison team and be part of the team to build highly scalable services.
We deal with some of the biggest data sets at Amazon, running up against the tightest latency requirements to determine, compare, process and render offers.
We optimize at the single digit millisecond level, supporting billion+ requests weekly. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be a significant contributor to the team as you build, scale, monitor, and optimize the next generation of services on Amazon that will allow 3rd Party Sellers to drive selection on Amazon. You will interface with several teams including retail, website technology, and operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class comparison shopping experience using scalable and robust software. Our challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing highly scalable tier-1 customer-facing services, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills and great communication skills.
· Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong in data structures and problem solving
· Solid experience in Java, C++, or C# (expert in at least one)
· Solid UNIX or Linux experience
· Great understanding of database theory and solid experience in at least one relational DBMS
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
· Obsession with quality and customer experience
· Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly