We are the European Fulfillment Network (EFN) technical team, building and operating the engine of Amazon’s European retail business. Our goal is to make all products in a given country available on all of Amazon’s European websites, at the lowest possible cost, and in the language of the customer. We create services to store and ship products across the European landscape, providing the best product price and availability to our European customers. We are looking for an experienced engineer who will help deliver services that make tens of millions of retail decisions every minute, within a distributed technical environment.
· Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
· Develop detailed architecture and design for components and services
· Code, test, and deploy services
· Participate in and lead code & design reviews
· Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
· Work with peers in other Amazon Retail teams to build and scale services
This position is based in our EU Headquarters in Luxembourg
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. The country is known for banking and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg City boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.