Description de l'offre
It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. Our Last Mile technology division builds the complex software solutions that work across our vendors, delivery stations and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. This remains a fast growing business, and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in logistics, unique delivery models for products ranging from Fresh groceries to big-screen TV's, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal last mile transportation system on the planet.
It is still Day 1! We are building a new business and a global product in the last mile space. We have many openings for individuals to help us innovate in this space. We are looking for talented SDEs to design and build these new systems. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, routing algorithms and optimizations, operating on large scale datasets, mobile development and more.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
· At least 2+ years work experience in a related field
· Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or similar modern programming languages
· Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms
· Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle or DynamoDB
· Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
· Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
· Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems