Description de l'offre
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) – Emerging Technology team powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates the software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers, which move billions of units of inventory and ensures customers get what they want when promised. Within AFT, we are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages using state of the art software and hardware technologies. We develop software by applying Advanced Algorithms and Real-Time Data processing using large scale distributed systems. We utilize OO programming languages, Hadoop, Elastic Map Reduce, DynamoDB and other AWS technologies to build solutions that that solve our challenges, ranging from scaling for massive Amazon order volume to ultrafast order fulfillment.
Our team is looking for top-notch software developers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon's customers from product selection and order placement, to delivering products to our customers as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
What you'll do?
· Create solutions to enable products selection that are compliant across different countries, have direct impact to safety of the customers and associates.
· Design, and develop software services that interacts with Machine Learning and FC Operations technologies
· Deliver project items on-time / in-spec, communicating clearly with leads, manager and stakeholders
· Contribute to software and database architecture / design
· Contribute to architecture / design conversations and code reviews (yours and other team members')
· Work with managers and team members to estimate effort and clarify / negotiate / document scope and design
· Contribute to design, architecture, process and development standards
· Effectively mentor interns, helping to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation, software structure and support
· Distill and communicate technical concepts to more junior developers and stakeholders
· Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy
· Identify, evaluate and suggest mitigation strategies for risks during design
· Design and implement features for new and existing products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Solid experience in C++ or Java
· Solid UNIX or Linux experience.
· Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
· Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly