Description de l'offre
From Jeff Bezos's, 2014 Amazon shareholder letter (http://tinyurl.com/q8zpobu): “Internally, Marketplace was known as SDP for Single Detail Page. The idea was to take our most valuable retail real estate – our product detail pages – and let third-party sellers compete against our own retail category managers.”.
Today, millions of third party sellers offer products alongside Amazon Retail though the Amazon Marketplace and compete to be featured on the ‘Add to Cart' button (aka the ‘Buy Box') on Amazon's most valuable retail real estate – the Product Detail Page referenced above. The Featured Merchant Algorithm (FMA) teams owns the Tier – I systems and Machine Learning algorithms that selects the offer to be featured on the Buy Box and on Amazon Search Pages. The team's mission is to ensure that the featured offer provides the best possible customer value based on factors including price, availability, delivery options and customer service. The Amazon ‘Buy Box' is arguably the most valued real estate in the E-commerce world and we are looking for strong leaders to continue innovating for this customer facing functionality.
We're looking for software development engineers to drive the architecture and design the next generation of Tier-I FMA systems. These are high throughput systems handling xx,xxx tps with latency requirement in single digit milliseconds. As we continue to enhance our ML and econometric algorithms, online processing becomes more complex which in turn requires designing and implementing new systems to handle the low latency high throughput requirements.
We are in the process of building a a large-scale online experimentation platform that will enable hundreds of teams in Amazon to update our base ML models and experiment on the website to ensure that customers WW have access to the best offers.
In this position you will get an opportunity to work on Amazon level Tier-1 systems, design experimentation systems and work with our science teams on designing and updating ML and pricing models. You'll help establish technical standards and drive FMA overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You'll work on Amazon's hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. You will get an opportunity to work on many different technologies including Amazon Web Services, E Commerce Services, Marketplace, Platform Technologies and ML and Econometric algorithms.
· Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C#, or C++
· Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP and REST
· Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Passion for developing products which provide a great customer experience. Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field is required.